Cradlepoint AER2100 4G LTE Router
This Cradlepoint is a AER2100 without a modem. The MC400 modems may be added on depending on preference.
The AER2100 router is equipped with two plug-in slots for a MC400 modem. If a MC400 modem is required, we offer an add-on option for any combination (limited to two) of a refurbished MC400LPE (CAT3) and/or MC400LP6 (CAT6) multi-carrier modems which include the Cradlepoint 4G LTE Omni-directional antennas. All refurbished MC400 modems are updated to the latest firmware.
The MC400LPE is a CAT3 multi-carrier modem. The carrier firmware for AT&T, Sprint1, Verizon and T-Mobile (uses the generic firmware) is easily updated from within the router’s web user interface. The MC400LPE by default, comes with the AT&T firmware. If a different carrier firmware is preferred, enter a note upon checkout in the NOTE box as to what carrier firmware is needed on the MC400LPE.
The MC400LP6 is a CAT6 multi-carrier modem that automatically selects and changes its carrier’s firmware based on the SIM card that is installed. It will automatically select AT&T, Sprint1, Verizon or the Generic firmware for T-Mobile.
All MC400 modems have slots for two SIM cards–although only one SIM card per modem can be connected at a time. If two MC400 modems are used, both modems may be connected to the internet at the same time, and configured as load balancing or fail-over.
We only have a few of these New AER2100 units which are no longer available thru Cradlepoint (EOL) although still supported until 05/31/2023.
As these are new units, the Cradlepoint software should be updated. We recommend using the March 1, 2019 software version 7.0.50 software (and avoid upgrading) to retain full router control and functionality–without the need of subscribing to paid services. According to Cradlepoint’s release notes:
“NCOS releases 7.0.71 and newer will no longer be available for manual or offline download. Upgrades must be performed via NetCloud Manager with an active subscription.”
1. While an activated SIM Card from most major US carriers and devices will work with the MC400 modem, Sprint is the exception. The MC400 modem must be provisioned thru Sprint using the correct SIM Card for the modem.
We now offer our customers a solution for provisioning the MC400LPE and MC400LP6 modems for use on the Sprint network. MOBILE SWAP SHOP can assist the customer to swap an active hotspot plan (no phone plans permitted) from a third party Sprint provider over to the Cradlepoint router. They have been very successful with this process.
Sprint Activation Option and Procedure (available only to Mobile Swap Shop’s customers):
1. The customer purchases the Cradlepoint router and the proper Sprint SIM Card for the MC400 modem.
2. The customer provides a message upon checkout in the Note box to “Hold shipping pending a successful swap”
3. We forward (via email) the modem’s IMEI and SIM Card ICC ID to the customer and to Mobile Swap Shop.
4. The customer also provides Mobile Swap Shop the IMEI and SIM Card ICC ID.
5. Once the swapping is successful, the customer will reply to our email with instructions to “ship the order”.
6. If Mobile Swap Shop cannot swap the device and plan, the customer may reply to our email to “cancel the order and refund payment”.
It is the customer’s responsibility to assure that Sprint service is adequate and available in their area. Once the router is activated and shipped, our default return policy applies.
Disclosure: LTE FIX is not affiliated with Mobile Swap Shop and we receive no compensation for our referrals. We make no representation as to how the renewal of any third party hotspot plan may affect the future use and/or activation of a device. We strongly recommend to never allow your hotspot subscription to elapse to help avoid potential issues. The option to “Hold shipping” is available only if Mobile Swap Shop is involved in the swap and activation process.
The AER2100 series offer 4G LTE networking solutions that helps enterprises increase bandwidth and achieve four-nines reliability in a secure, flexible, and open-architecture platform. The Cradlepoint AER is designed for the distributed enterprise to intelligently manage wired and 4G wireless connectivity for a more reliable “connected experience” at the Edge. Network administrators can extend applications and services to remote branches with a solution that is customizable through the real-time deployment of cloud-enabled services, applications, and analytics. This all-in-one solution combined with Cradlepoint’s Enterprise Class Support is defining a new standard for networking in the distributed enterprise.
- Supports LTE Advanced, with SIM-based auto-carrier selection (LP6 versions only)
- Optimized for WAN Diversity™ with integrated wired and wireless 4G WAN (including private network support)
- Dual-band concurrent 802.11ac high performance WiFi
- Cloud-managed for zero-touch configuration at deployment
- Advanced routing and best-in-class, cloud-based security options
- Extensible and easily integrated best-in-class, enterprise applications via an Open API
- Certified dual modem models for a “Cut-the-Wire” solution
- Integrated 4G LTE (with 3G failover)
- LP6: LTE Advanced LTE/HSPA+ (SIM-based Auto-Carrier Selection for all North American carriers and European operators)
- LP5: LTE Advanced (SIM-based Auto-Carrier Selection for Asia Pacific and Saudi Arabia operators)
- LP4 (accessory option only): LTE/DC-HSPA+ for AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Canadian carriers (SIM-based Auto-Carrier Selection, dual-modem capable)
- LPE: 4G LTE/HSPA+/EVDO (multi-carrier, North America)
- LP3: 4G LTE/HSPA+ (Europe, EMEA, and Australia/New Zealand)
- Dual integrated modem option
- Dual SIM slot in each modem
- Most models include support for active GPS
- WiFi as WAN
- Load Balancing
- Advance Modem Failure Check
- WAN Port Speed Control
- WAN/LAN Affinity
- IP Passthrough
- VLAN 802.1Q
- DHCP Server, Client, Relay
- DNS and DNS Proxy
- Multicast/Multicast Proxy
- QoS (DSCP and Priority Queuing)
- MAC Address Filtering
- Dual-Band Dual-Concurrent (3×3 MIMO)
- 802.11ac (a, b, g, n, ac)
- Up to 256 connected devices (128 per channel – 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- WPA2 Enterprise (WiFi)
- Hotspot/Captive Portal
- SSID-based Priority
- Cradlepoint NetCloud Manager
- Web UI, API, CLI
- GPS Location
- Data Usage Alerts (router and per client)
- Advanced Troubleshooting (support)
- Auto APN Recovery
- Device Alerts
- SMS control
- Serial Redirector
VPN AND ROUTING
- IPsec Tunnel – up to 20 concurrent sessions
- OpenVPN (SSL VPN)
- GRE Tunnel
- VTI Tunnel support
- Route Filters (Access Control Lists, Prefix Filters, Route Maps, Communities for BGP)
- Per-Interface Routing
- Routing Rules
- Policy-based Routing
- NAT-less Routing
- Virtual Server/Port Forwarding
- CP Secure VPN compatible
- RADIUS and TACACS+ support*
- 802.1x authentication for Ethernet
- Zscaler integration
- Certificate support
- MAC Address Filtering
- Advanced Security Mode (local user management only)
- Per-Client Web Filtering
- IP Filtering
- Content Filtering (basic)
- Website Filtering
- WAN: Integrated 4G LTE or 4G LTE Advanced (one modem included; dual-modem option), 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports (cable/DSL/T1/satellite/Metro Ethernet), WiFi (as WAN; Metro WiFi) 3×3 MIMO 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
- LAN: Dual-band dual-concurrent WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), five 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports (WAN/LAN switchable), serial console support w/ USB-to-serial adapter
- 0 °C to 50 °C (32 °F to 122 °F) operating
- -20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F) storage
- HUMIDITY (non-condensing):
- 10% to 85% operating
- 5% to 90% storage
- MEMORY: 256 MB DRAM; 16 MB SPI Flash; 256 MB NAND Flash
- SIZE: 10.25 × 8.5 × 1.75 in (260 × 214 × 45 mm)
- CERTIFICATIONS: FCC, WiFi Alliance, CE, IC, carrier certifications
- WIFI POWER: FCC maximum power reported:
- 2.4 GHz band: 24.47 dBm
- Lower 5 GHz band: 16.9 dBm
- Upper 5 GHz band: 27.77 dBm
What’s In The Box
- AER2100 without modem (up to two MC400LPE /MC400LP6 modems may be added in any combination)
- Each Add On Modem will include 2 x External 3G/4G mobile broadband modem antennas (2) (SMA) w/multiplexing for GPS; finger tighten only
- External dual-band high-gain WiFi antennas (3) reverse SMA (5 dBi, 2.4 GHz, 5 dBi 5 GHz, VSWR ≤ 2); finger tighten only
- 12V/3Amp AC/DC power adapter
- Multipurpose Retaining Tool
- Ethernet cable