Cradlepoint CBA850LP6 -NA CAT6 Router (Multi-Carrier Firmware)
NOTE: Cradlepoint is moving towards cloud-based subscription services which is being implemented in their newest NCOS software versions. Our CBA850 routers are refurbished to include the March 25, 2019 software version 7.0.50. It is strongly recommended to use the 7.0.50 software (avoid upgrading) to retain full router control and functionality–without the need of subscribing to paid services. According to Cradlepoint’s release notes:
“NCOS releases 7.0.71 and newer will no longer be available for manual or offline download. Upgrades must be performed via NetCloud Manager with an active subscription.”
We now offer our customers a solution for provisioning the CBA850LP6 (as well as the CBA850LPE) for use on the Sprint network. MOBILE SWAP SHOP can assist the customer to swap an active hotspot plan (no phone plans permitted) from a third party Sprint provider over to the Cradlepoint router. They have been very successful with this process.
Sprint Activation Option and Procedure:
1. The customer purchases the Cradlepoint router and the proper Sprint SIM Card for the MC400 modem.
2. The customer provides a message upon checkout in the Note box to “Hold shipping pending a successful swap*”
3. We forward (via email) the IMEI and SIM Card ICC ID to Mobile Swap Shop.
4. The customer contacts Mobile Swap Shop for further instructions.
5. Once the swapping is successful, the customer will reply to our email with instructions to “ship the order”.
6. If Mobile Swap Shop cannot swap the device and plan, the customer may reply to our email to “cancel the order and refund payment”.
It is the customer’s responsibility to assure that Sprint service is adequate and available in their area. Once the router is activated and shipped, our default return policy applies.
Disclosure: LTE FIX is not affiliated with Mobile Swap Shop and we receive no compensation for our referrals. We make no representation as to how the renewal of any third party hotspot plan may affect the future use and/or activation of a device. We strongly recommend to never allow your hotspot subscription to elapse to help avoid potential issues.
The Cradlepoint ARC CBA850 is a turnkey networking solution for best-in-class 3G/4G/LTE fail-over that integrates seamlessly with existing network infrastructure. Using Enterprise Cloud Manager PRIME, the ARC CBA850 provides the ability to extend management capability to any primary router Out-of-Band without a static IP. Equipped with Power-over-Ethernet for flexible, unobtrusive placement anywhere to optimize cellular reception, this powerful solution reduces truck rolls, consolidates infrastructure, and maximizes up-time for businesses that require always-on connectivity.
Quick Facts About This Product:
- This router is best for: This router may be located is the indoor or attic area where reception is optimal. It can then connected to a switch, Access Point, or another WiFi router via a Cat5e/6/7 Ethernet cable. It is also the perfect candidate to install inside one of our external WiFiX antennas and/or an enclosure. The CBA850 accommodates applications which need IP Pass-Through modem capabilities to connect (via Ethernet) to a new or preexisting network (i.e., router) as a simple drop-in solution. This router does NOT have WiFi and functions best used as a modem to provide LTE high speed internet thru the WAN port on a WiFi router of choice.
- Internet Connections Supported: 1 Embedded 3G/4G/LTE-A CAT6 Modem, 1 USB 3G/4G/LTE Dongle
- LTE Networks Supported for Embedded MC7455 CAT6 Modem:
Bands 1–5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 41Verizon: 2, 4, 5, 13 (XLTE support w/carrier aggregation)AT&T: 2, 4, 5, 12, 29, 30Sprint: 25, 26, 41 (LTE Plus Support) (MUST BE PROVISIONED THRU SPRINT)T-Mobile: 2, 4, 12 (T-Mobile Wideband LTE Support)Generic: ALL
- WiFi Standard: N/A
- WiFi Range: N/A
- Ethernet ports: 2 x GbE LAN
- Power Supply: AC Adapter included, DC PoE adapter sold separately
- Size: 4.8″ x 4.8″ x 1.7″
- (1) Router
(1) Power Supply
(1) Ethernet cable (on new units only)
(1) MC400LP6 modem
(2) LTE white or black wide band antennas (colors vary with inventory)
- (1) Router
- Cloud-managed for zero-touch deployment and intelligent management
- Out of Band Management
- Integrated Multi-Carrier Software-Defined Radio with 3G /4G/LTE, HSPA+ and EVDO modem
- Two 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports for simultaneous local management and IP Pass-through
- RJ45 serial console port for direct out-of-band management to connected devices
- Drop into existing network for a turnkey fail-over solution
- Remote management capabilities
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- IPv6 support