Cradlepoint MBR1400 V2 Cellular Router with a MC400LP6-ARC (CAT6) Modem and Accessory Kit
These Cradlepoint Mission-Critical Broadband MBR1400V2 (hardware version two) cellular routers are available through LTE FIX with a rebuilt MC400LP6-ARC style (CAT6 multi-carrier auto selecting firmware) modem. These are built with brand new, never before used, modems inside.
The MCR1400V2 is also available with the MC400LPE-ARC style modem (CAT3 multi-carrier with manual selecting firmware).
The advantages of the MC400LP6 (over the MC400LPE) is its 2 x Carrier Aggregation, the availability of additional cellular bands and its ability to automatically switch its firmware to accommodate whichever of the four major carrier’s SIM Card is being used.
The MBR1400V2 router kit includes everything required to connect to the internet except an activated SIM card (You may need a SIM card adapter, the MC400LP6-ARC style modem takes a “Micro” size SIM card).
Our refurbished MBR1400 V2 routers are updated to the newest Cradlepoint software (without the need to pay for Cradlepoints subscription firmware services), individually tested for functionality and connectivity.
Our MC400LP6-ARC style modems are rebuilt with new modems, restored to Cradlepoint OEM settings, and updated with the latest available firmware (checked at the time of rebuild – Currently 03/2021) for each of the four major carriers–firmware that is significantly newer than installed on the vast majority of new MC400LP6 modems.
The Cradlepoint MC400LP6 modems are compatible with the majority of carriers to include:
- Sprint (Must be provisioned thru Sprint)
- Generic (T-Mobile and other carriers in the U.S. & Canada)
Note: The APN for T-Mobile and third party resellers for a particular carrier may have to be manually entered in the Cradlepoint web interface to connect to internet. See, THIS tutorial.
Cradlepoint routers are also compatible with the most popular USB modems and hotspots. Refer to Cradlepoint’s Officially Supported Modem List for more details.
This router is practically a plug-and-play internet solution for both business or residential applications. It is also idea for a RV or marine vessel since the MBR1400 may additionally be powered via a 12 volt DC cigarette lighter plugin adapter.
The MC400 is equipped with SMA Female antenna connectors to accommodate external antennas (inside or outdoors) for locations where LTE cellular signals are less than optimal.
Cradlepoint’s Mission-Critical Broadband MBR1400 router takes the power and flexibility of our industry leading router, and when combined with an active high-speed wireless broadband data connection, gets your business network online in no time.
Designed for small business, branch office, and retail locations – this business series router provides a secure primary or backup connection to the internet. In addition to connection options for traditional wired networking solutions like Cable, DSL, or T1, the most powerful feature of the MBR1400 is its ability to use the MC400LPE modem as well as compatible USB 4G Dongles, Hotspots, and/or ExpressCard Data Modems to create instant networks anywhere you receive a broadband signal.
The MBR1400 features failover/failback, secure VPN, multiple encryption modes for maximum security, dual-band WiFi broadcast, private and public networks, WiFi as WAN, Modem Health Management, and remote management options with WiPipe Central for deployed units. Cradlepoint provides enterprise-grade performance, security and the modem reliability businesses need to ensure continuous up-time. Create an instant network today with LTE, WiMAX, or any other wireless broadband technology.
- Targeted for retail locations, branch offices, or small and medium sized businesses
- Works with high-performance Business-Grade Modem Caps
- Load balance multiple data modems or wired data services
- Compatible with Cisco, Juniper, and other industry-leading network hardware providers
- Typical range indoors is 350-400′
- Enhanced performance around walls and other obstructions
- Dual-Band WiFi broadcast – either 2.4GHz or 5GHz (using the 5ghz frequency requires 5ghz-capable WiFi antennas–dual band antennas are included in this kit)
- Maximum security with both Public and Private networks
- Dual-band WiFi, 3×3 MIMO Antenna Subsystem, removable external antennas (the WiFi antenna jacks are RP-SMA/Female), dual SSIDs
- Plug-and-Play support for over 120 broadband data modems, allowing for site-specific carrier/ service selection for broadest deployment
- Standardized platform and centralized remote management
- Up to 20 concurrent VPN endpoint sessions
- Compatible with Cisco, SonicWall, and other VPN termination systems (more details below)
- Establish continuous uptime with optimum total cost of ownership for broad deployment
- Supports enterprise routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, and RIP; VRRP for router redundancy; and STP (hardware V2 only)
- Simple to install, configure and maintain with minimal impact on IT
- Captive portal/walled garden
- Two ExpressCard and three USB 2.0 for 4G/3G modems
- Five configurable 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN/WAN ports (default 1 WAN, 4 LAN)
- 802.11n 3×3 MIMO with support for legacy 802.11 b/g
- 2 SSIDs to support multiple users or QoS categories
- Switchable 2.4/5GHz radio configuration (802.11a for 5.0GHz) (Kit includes upgraded dual band WiFi antennas)
- Supports up to 128 concurrent users
- WiFi Security
- WEP (64/128bit, only for b/g)
- WPA/WPA2 (AES) – Personal and Enterprise
- 802.11 Authentication
- WiFi Protected Setup
- SSID broadcast disable
- Captive Portal Option
- WAN Connection Types
- Static IP, DHCP, PPPoE, Cellular Modem PPP Authentication, Sprint MPLS
- WAN Redundancy and Load Balancing
- Failover/Failback (4G/3G/Ethernet)
- Load Balancing
- WAN failure Detection via Ping (Ethernet)
- WAN Security
- NAT, SPI, ALG, Inbound Filtering of IP Addresses, Port Blocking, Service Filtering (FTP, SMTP, HTTP, RPL, SNMP, DNS, ICMP, NNTP, POP3, SSH)
- Protocol Filtering
- WAN ping (allow/control)
- Intelligent Routing
- Virtual server/port forwarding
- Routing rules
- NAT-less routing
- Wired or wireless WAN-to-LAN IP passthrough
- Route management
- Per-interface routing
- Content filtering
- IP filtering
- Website filtering
- Per-client Web filtering
- Local DHCP server, DHCP client, DHCP relay
- DNS, DNS proxy
- ALGs: PPTP, L2TP, PPPoE passthrough, IPsec passthrough, FTP (passive), FTP (active), SIP, TFTP, IRC
- MAC address filtering
- Dynamic DNS, LAN/WAN affinity
- VLAN support (802.1Q)
- Enterprise routing protocols: BGP/OSPF/RIP, multicast proxy support,* IP setting overrides
- HTTP, HTTPS (Remote Management)
- Web-Based GUI (Easy Management)
- User Help Screens with Web GUI
- One Button Firmware Upgrade, and Firmware Upgrade via USB
- Server-based Centralized Management (WiPipe Central)
- WAN (remote) Web-based Management Access
- Modem Configuration and Management
- IPsec VPN/Site-to-Site VPN
- Device to CradlePoint, Cisco/Linksys, Linux Systems
- Transfer Modes
- Hash (MD5, SHA128, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512)
- Cipher (AES, 3DES, DES)
- Support for 20 Connections
- GRE Tunneling
- Performance Management
- WAN Connection Types WiPipe™ QoS with Traffic Shaping, SSID based priority, WAN port speed control, Multicast Stream enable/disable
- Temperature: 0 to 40ºC (32 to 104ºC), operating; -20 to 70º C ( -4 to 158º F), storage
- Relative Humidity: 10% to 85%, operating; 5% to 90%, storage
- Dimensions: 230 x 130 x 40 mm / 9 x 5.1 x 1.57 inches
- Weight: 1.04 lbs
- Package Contents
- MBR1400 Gigabit Router
- MC400LP6-ARC style modem
- AC/DC (12VDC 1.5A Output) Power Supply
- Three Removable External WiFi Antennas
- Two Cradlepoint Cellular Wideband Antennas